England Squad Programme
The England Squad program is a development program, which aims to prepare players for progression up the BJA's World Class Performance pathway, with the ultimate goal delivering players into the Great Britain Junior programme with the necessary technical, tactical, physical, mental and lifestyle attributes to achieve success at international level.
The key objectives are:
TO IDENTIFY young judo players with long term potential.
TO DEVELOP (both physically and mentally), by using the right training at the right time, taking into consideration the different needs of early and late maturers.
TO EQUIP these players with the skills, experience and knowledge needed to build a strong foundation for future achievements and long-term success.
2013-2014 England Programme
The England core programme consists of a range of domestic and international competitions, training camps and randori opportunities.
(Updated 29th November 2013 - Version 2)
- Correct dates for the Tonbridge Camp (19-22 December 2013)
- All GB Junior and Senior ONST (Open National Squad Training) dates included (being held at the British Judo Centre of Excellence):
- 24-26 January 2014
- 27-29 June 2014
- 7-9 November 2014
- Youth Olympic Games – Nanjing, CHN. (Players have qualified from the 2013 World Cadet Championships)
- GBR European Open (for Women) in Glasgow – 4-5 October 2014
- 2014 Junior World Championships – venue now confirmed (Miami, USA)
Parents and Coaches presentation
Presented at Full England Squad, Dartford (17th & 18th November 2012) - Click HERE
England Talent Development Assessment Information
The England Benchmark Testing programme is aimed at setting a Physical and Technical baseline standard to gain entry to the England Talent Development Squad (ETD).
England Programme ManagerBritish Judo Centre of Excellence University of Wolverhampton (Walsall Campus), Gorway Road, Walsall, WS1 3BD