What will your club be doing to celebrate International Women’s Day on Sunday 8th March?
Will you be holding an event at your club or joining the conversation on social media? The campaign calls for gender equality, not just on the mat, but off of it as well and everyone of us plays an important role in improving gender equality.
At British Judo, we are committed to addressing this cause and supporting clubs and coaches to provide judo opportunities that appeal to women across Great Britain.
Check out our toolkit below to see how you can get involved in International Women’s Day:
Not sure how your club can get involved and contribute to the day?
- Have you thought about inviting parents of your juniors to get on the mat for the first time at a session?
- Hold a “judo taster session” targeted at mums,
- Link up with a local organisation or community group to come and try the sport,
- Link up with a college or university to offer the opportunity for students to try judo,
- Encourage your members to invite their friends or family along to a training session,
- Hold a “bring a friend for free” day at one of your regular sessions.
Download one of our editable posters to promote any female sessions that may be running within your club over the weekend. Simply download the poster, open it in a PDF Reader and edit the details for your session. If you would like to use the artwork on social media, you can convert the PDF files into JPEGs by clicking here
Join the conversation
Don’t forget to send us your photos from any events that you may be running over the weekend! Whether you are a coach, player at an event, or simply getting on the mat with friends or family, show your support for International Women’s Day by tagging us in your post and using the hashtags #WeAreGBJudo and #InternationalWomensDay