A major Investment Banking and Financial Services organisation is trialling a training programme targeted at recently retired athletes from the last 24 months.
The scheme allows retired elite athletes to gain valuable paid work experience (and possibly secure employment) in the financial services sector.
The programme is aimed at aiding the transfer of retiring elite athletes into the corporate jobs market and identifying talented individuals that want to get into the financial services industry on a full time basis.
There are various areas of placements that you can choose from:
- Corporate & Investment Bank – Helping large companies, governments and institutions achieve their strategic goals, from raising capital to restructuring.
- Asset & Wealth Management – Providing institutions and individual high net worth clients with innovative strategies and solutions to achieve their investment goals.
- Commercial Banking – Helping medium-sized businesses and local communities succeed, with tailored products and solutions in everything from commercial lending to real estate.
- Cross-Firm Solutions – Developing sound business practices and solutions for the firm and our clients. Includes Finance & Business Management, Human Resources, Risk, Compliance & Operations etc.
- Technology – Building technology solutions and applications that impact millions of customers and businesses worldwide.
- Programme takes place in London, Bournemouth, Edinburgh & Glasgow
- Six month paid programme (with the possibility of extension)
- Bespoke, formalized & structured induction & training week
- Programme members receive a formal mid performance review from their line manager
- On-going training (Excel, Agile, Scrum, Resiliency), events and lunch & learn sessions with senior leaders across the firm.
- Programme members are provided with both a mentor / buddy by MVA
- Access to additional support, mentorship, networking, personal/professional development through Business Resource Groups.
With placements beginning in Jan 2021, insight days and interviews will take place from Sept 2020 and expressions of interest are welcome now.
A similar scheme has been highly successful for military personnel in their transition with a rate of approx. 80% of personnel being offered permanent positions at the end of their placements.