The biggest multi-sport talent identification campaign in British history, #DiscoverYour Gold, aims to identify talented young athletes who have the potential to become future champions.
Over 20 sports are involved in #DiscoverYour Gold, a partnership between UK Sport, the English Institute of Sport (EIS), and a range of National Governing Bodies, targeting 15-24 year olds to be fast-tracked into the exciting world of high performance sport.
#DiscoverYour Gold has five strands, one of which is #DiscoverYour Para-Potential
#DiscoverYour ParaPotential is aimed at talented male and females who are interested in trialling for a once in a lifetime opportunity to become part of Britain’s sporting elite in para sports including: VI Judo, Para-Athletics, Para-Swimming, Para-Cycling
This campaign is targeting:
- Male and female athletes aged over 15 years old.
- Belief that they have what it takes to become a future medallist at a World Class level in a para sport.
- Have an ‘Eligible Impairment’ (see https://www.paralympic.org/classification for more information).
- Broadly the eligible impairment groups are:
- Impaired muscle power (as caused, for example, by spinal cord injuries, spina bifida or polio);
- Impaired passive range of movement;
- Limb deficiency;
- Leg length difference;
- Short stature (e.g. due to achondroplasia or growth hormone dysfunction);
- Hypertonia (e.g. due to a neurological condition, such as cerebral palsy, brain injury or multiple sclerosis);
- Ataxia (e.g. due to a neurological condition, such as cerebral palsy, brain injury or multiple sclerosis);
- Athetosis (e.g. due to a neurological condition, such as cerebral palsy, brain injury or multiple sclerosis);
- Visual impairment;
- Intellectual Impairment
To apply, visit www.uksport.gov.uk/talent