British Judo would like to remind coaches to remember to bring their Coach Card with them to all local and national competitions. This proves their coach award status to event organisers.
The coaching card provides proof to the event organiser that the coach has the relevant DBS, safeguarding and matside coaching access requirements in place. Coaches with valid Coach Cards also enjoy free access to all BJA national events.
Coaches who are unable to produce their coaching card will be refused matside coaching access.
The onus is on the coach to produce proof of their coaching status and, if this is not done, it is the duty of the event organiser to refuse coaching access.
Coaching Card Requirements:
- Coaching cards must be in date on the day of the event
- Revalidation requirements must be in date or the coaching card is invalid
- A coach must be a current licenced member of the BJA
- Where a coach has lapsed in some element of the card and their revalidation period has been extended to an agreed time period, a letter/email of support from the coaching department must be produced
- All new coaches after January 2013 must have attended a BJA Matside Coaching Module