British Judo prides itself on it’s large volunteer base – one that provides the backbone of the Association. Judo volunteers are much more than people who give up their free time – they become an invaluable member of the judo family.
Volunteers choose to help other people by giving up their time or expertise. British Judo recognises the hard work and dedications of volunteers across the UK without whom the sport would not run.
You don’t have to know your ippon from your yuko to get involved. Whether you’re a current player, someone who has hung up their judogi or a person who has never set foot in a dojo, you could be a valued judo volunteer.
There are lots of opportunities to get involved in a range of activities and roles which are essential to our sport.
British Judo has it’s own volunteer portal which is dedicated to recruiting, retaining and rewarding our substantial volunteer workforce to recognise the hours and effort our volunteers put into the sport.
There are two vital parts to the portal – one section for volunteers and one for providers (i.e. clubs wanting to list their opportunities):
- VOLUNTEERS will have access to create a profile customised to them and give them the capability of searching the breadth of GB for any up and coming opportunities.
- PROVIDERS will have the capability to create opportunities to help out at club and county level. Whether it’s two volunteers or 200 this is the place to recruit!
Through volunteering in judo you can:
- Learn and develop new skills
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Enhance your CV
- Being active and improving health and wellbeing
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Giving something back to the sport you love
- Making a difference in the community
- Have fun!
So if you are a new volunteer or a volunteer that has helped us for many years, please sign up to the volunteer portal to make sure that you do not miss out on future opportunities.