Event Volunteers play a crucial role in ensuring that British Judo’s exciting major competitions run effectively.
What do Event Volunteers do?
The size of the event will determine the range and scale of the opportunities available to event volunteers.
Pre-event activities may include:
- Competition administration
- Sourcing equipment
- Venue set-up
- Food preparation
- Meet and greet
While on the day people may be required to:
- Supervise the car park
- Sell refreshments
- Collect entrance fees
- Act as stewards
- Basket carriers for athletes
- Part of the medal and other ceremonies
Who should be an Event Volunteer?
Event volunteering is ideal for people who only want to volunteer sporadically but are able to give up at least half a day, generally on a weekend. You can view a list of upcoming events on the British Judo Events Calendar.
What skills are needed to become an Event Volunteer?
Volunteering at events can be a deeply rewarding experience but it is also a busy environment to work in. The skills required would vary from role to role, but generic skills include:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good time management skills
Why should you get involved?
Non-technical event volunteers perform countless unseen and behind-the-scenes jobs which help events run smoothly. They are a vital part of the any competition and can be the difference between a well-run event and a long drawn out day.
Reasons to get involved include:
- Experience the excitement of a judo event at close hand
- Being part of a successful event
- Help to keep the sport running
- Make new friends
- Enhance your C.V and develop new and existing skills
How can I get involved?
If you are interested in working at British Judo National Events please register your details on our online event volunteer sign up form. We will then look into available opportunities and match them to your skills set.