British Judo Association (‘BJA’) is seeking to appoint an exceptional and highly motivated Financial Controller to join our Team based at our new Head Office in Walsall. The successful candidate will lead the finance department to ensure that they deliver the highest quality financial information and compliance requirements in order for British Judo to achieve it’s strategic mission and objectives.
- The Financial Controller will be responsible for providing the British Judo Association with robust, accurate and timely financial information to assist the Senior Leadership team and the Board with the appropriate financial information to make informed business decisions.
- The post holder will work proactively, to lead the finance team, to enable the effective and timely operation of the accounting processes of for all companies relating to internal and external customers, and to actively lead the team and develop and embed the financial policies and procedures
- Uphold, advocate and ensure staff comply with the BJA’s values and behaviours.
- Provide robust and accurate financial reports in a timely manner to support the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensure that the Management Accounts are produced by the 10th working day of the month, by working with budget holders and members of the Senior Leadership Team to understand the financial requirements of the Association.
- Lead the Finance Team ensuring that you and your team always support the BJA in achieving is aims and
objectives and upholds the values of the organisation.
- Work with external stakeholders such as UK Sport and Sport England and ensure that all the reporting
requirements are adhered to in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with the Bank to ensure that all banking arrangements are managed in the most cost effective and secure manner.
- Ensure that all HMRC requirements are adhered to and monthly and annual reporting requirements are
British Judo is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all suitably qualified persons are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications should be made by providing a completed application form together with an Equal Opportunities form and emailed to email@example.com
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 per annum dependent on experience
Closing Date: Monday 14th May 2018
Interviews will be held: Shortly after closure.