The United Kingdom Coaching Certificate (UKCC) Level 2 Award in Coaching Judo is the second step on British Judo’s coaching pathway.
This course aims to provide candidates with an introduction to the processes and principles of coaching judo to adults and children.
If you are already a qualified coach and are looking to develop your knowledge and skills to deliver better and more sessions at your club, then this is the course for you.
On successful completion of this course candidates will receive a UKCC Level 2 coaching award and will be equipped to deliver sessions independently and work alongside a UKCC Level 3 judo coach during club or other relevant coaching sessions. UKCC Level 2 coaches are also able to set up their own judo club(s).
The course will run on two weekends.
Weekend 1: 9th-10th July 2022
Weekend 2: 20th/21st August 2022
Assessments: 1st October 2022
What do you need before you can sign up?
- Be over 17 years of age
- Be a current member of the British Judo Association
- Hold a minimum British Judo Association 1st Kyu Grade
- It is recommended that candidates hold a BJA Level 1 coaching award
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Candidates are required to complete the 15 module programme, a mock assessment and a personal action planning process as part of the training. This will be followed by a period of extended study and logged coaching practice prior to the final assessment. Candidates will work through the following units as part of this course:
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching Sport
- Understanding how to Develop Participants through Coaching Sport
- Supporting Participants’ Lifestyle through Coaching Sport
- Understanding the Principles of Safe and Equitable Coaching Practice
- Plan a Series of Judo Coaching Sessions
- Prepare the Judo Coaching Environment
- Deliver a Series of Judo Coaching Sessions
- Monitor and Evaluate Judo Coaching Sessions
The final assessment day is held approximately 8 weeks after the learning programme has finished.