Contest Recorder is the second level of officiating offered by British Judo.
If you are already hold a Timekeeper/Scorer qualification, or you are experienced in judo and want to help out at competitions then this level is the officiating role for you.
The training programme for the Contest Recorder is via Teams teaching and event mentoring. It builds on the elements learnt as a Timekeeper/Scorer and focuses on how to run an officiating table at a competition.
On successful completion of the training programme candidates will be able to run pools and knockout sections at a competition and run a officiating table.
What do you need before your can sign up?
• Be at least 13 years of age
• Be a current member of the British Judo Association. If the candidate is not a current member British Judo will issue an associate membership (valid for table officiating only). This will last for three years and can be renewed free of charge at the end of that time if the person is still active
• Hold a Timekeeper/Scorer qualification and have been active at a minimum of 3 events since qualification or an experienced judo participant.
• Good communication and ‘people skills’
Candidates sit an examination paper, usually following an education course. As part of their training course candidates learn:
• Awareness of legends and scores.
• Awareness of usual contest times, osaekomi times and rest times.
• How to run a table in general.
• How to run pools or knockout systems.
• Understand the procedure when a player withdraws for any reason
THIS IS A BRITISH JUDO ASSOCIATION LICENSED CONTEST RECORDER MODULE
This course is online and free to attend, to book a place on this course contact Jo Imrie at JudoScotland via firstname.lastname@example.org
The application closing date is 7 June 2024.
It will be held online over 3 consecutive weeks on 13th, 20th & 27th June 2024.