This is a Judo Ne-waza competition; a minimum of one knee (or equivalent) must remain on the tatami at all times. If a technique requires momentary simultaneous removal of both knees from the tatami onto both feet, then it is left to the referee’s discretion to determine if in his/her opinion this is a legitimate removal of both knees from the tatami.
1. When their names are announced the contestants will Rei onto the mat.
2. When the referee beckons them forward, they will walk to the middle of the side edge of mat and Tachi-rei (standing bow) to each other.
3. When the referee is sure the table officials are ready, s/he will beckon the competitors to middle of mat, when they are 1 metre apart, they will kneel and Za-rei (kneeling bow) to each other.
4. They will then kneel in the up position and raise the other leg with foot flat. (ie kneeling on one knee).
5. On the command of Hajime, the contest will start – they have 15 secs to take hold and attempt to take control.
6. If competitors become locked together with no one appearing to be able to gain an advantage then Matte should be called. The competitors are brought back to the centre of the mat.
7. Osaekomi, 20 Secs Ippon, 10 Secs Waza-ari. Waza-ari and Ippon will be the only scores used. In accordance with the new rules there will be no Waza-ari Awasete Ippon.
8. Internationally recognised Judo Ne-waza rules will apply.
How to Enter
You can enter via email supplying all players’ details which are requested on the entry form.
Please complete the form and return entries with payment to: Redditch Judo Kwai, 14 Hampton Avenue, Fringe Green, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B60 2AL.
How to pay
Payments can be made via bank transfer
Account name REDDITCH JUDO KWAI Sort Code 30-65-22 Account number 78 63 98 68
Payments Can be made via Cheque. Please make payable to Redditch Judo Kwai.
On the Day / Late Entry
Also payments can be made on the day, however your places cannot be guaranteed as this event is likely to be over subscribed. Payment on the day will be £25.
We can only secure your place if your payment is clear by the closing date. This applies to payments made via Bank transfer or via Cheque in advance.
This event is likely to be oversubscribed, so early entry is advised.