The BJA Level 1 award is the starting point for your coaching journey in judo.
If you are new to coaching judo, have limited coaching knowledge or want to get more involved in your club, then this is the course for you.
The course focuses on the ‘how to coach skills’ using practical technical examples (where relevant) to apply these skills; basic technical principles of ne-waza and tachi-waza; health and safety; and basic judo rules.
On successful completion of this course candidates will receive a British Judo Association Level 1 coaching award and will be equipped to work alongside a 1st4Sport Level 2 or 1st4Sport Level 3 judo coach during club or other relevant coaching sessions. Once they have turned 18 years of age, a BJA Level 1 coach may, upon the discretion of a 1st4Sport Level 2 of 1st4Sport Level 3 coach, also work independently under supervision.
The course will run across one weekend
Venue: Long Eaton Judo Club, Cross Street, Long Eaton NG10 1HD
Weekend: 14th – 15th October 2023
(Assessment day: 15th October 2023)
What do you need before you can sign up?
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be a current member of the British Judo Association
- Hold a minimum British Judo Association 2nd Kyu Grade
- Have a good knowledge of the British Judo Mon and Kyu Grade Syllabi
- Be able to communicate effectively in English (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
Candidates are required to complete a Portfolio Tasks within six month of their assessment. These tasks include:
- Four session plans (minimum of two session plans to be completed before assessment day)
- Two ne-waza and two tachi-waza coaching point diagrams
- Health and Safety task – facility check and basic first aid
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children
- Contest Rules
For more information about the course, please contact email@example.com
Please book your place below.