It has been a little while since our last update, and much has been happening behind the scenes at British Judo to ensure that the organisation and our sport are protected as much as possible.
And so I’m pleased to be able to update you on our plans for extending your membership when the current situation allows.
There will be a membership extension scheme for all individual memberships and club affiliations, to ensure as far as we can, that members do not miss out during these unprecedented times.
Here is our 5 point guide to what will happen:
- First of all, you are encouraged to keep your membership current and renew it when it expires. This will help ensure the sport can continue as soon as it is feasible, but also ensure you are covered by our membership insurance.
- Individual members whose membership is due for renewal following the current lockdown period will have their membership extended by the equivalent period (so if the lockdown lasts for three months, membership will be extended by three months).
- Individual members whose membership expires during the current period and do not renew, will have their membership extended by the equivalent period that their membership was valid (so if their membership expired in April, their membership will be extended by one month; if it expired in May, two months and so on).
- Club affiliations will be also be extended by the equivalent period of the lockdown (so if the lockdown lasts for three months, your club’s affiliation will be extended three months to March 31 2021).
- If you do not renew your licence during the lockdown period, you will not be eligible for the membership extension.
Please rest assured that the entire team at British Judo are working hard not just to manage the current situation, but also to look at what comes next for the sport. We are listening to current government advice and working with our partners, such as UK Sport and Sport England to ensure that when the time comes, we can return to the sport we love quickly and safely.