Marion Woodard 6th Dan
Southern Area Representative
- Started judo aged 21; trained at London clubs of Budokwai, LJS, Fairholme, Croydon.
- Competitive 3rd Dan; retired from competitions due to cardiac condition.
- Current grade: 6th Dan; also 2nd Dan Aikido (Tomiki style) . Medals in National kata championships 1995- 96.
- Assistant Team Manager to GB Women’s Team 1978-84.
- Senior Examiner for 20 years.
- Refereeing: first British woman to achieve EJU then IJF referee grades. 22 years at international level including selection for 12 European and 9 world championships. Member of EJU Refereeing Commission. Have been Secretary and Chair of BJA and Southern Area Refereeing committees at various times since 1977. Requested to write and give presentation on behalf of the IJF at the 1994 Olympic Centennial Congress.