- Maintains current knowledge of contest rules of the International Judo Federation and current IJF & EJU interpretation of same.
- Ensures that rules and interpretations are disseminated in a timely and comprehensive manner to relevant Commissions, Area refereeing representatives and senior referees, BJA Officials and members.
- Promotes the recruitment and ongoing training and development of referees at Junior and Senior level.
- Monitor and revise relevant examination papers for Refereeing & Contest Rules awards.
- Monitors and develop quality standards for Junior and Senior referees.
- To provide training, support and opportunities for referees to advance to the EJU and IJF levels.
- To select and appoint all referees to attend international tournaments up to European and Junior World’s levels.
- To promote the understanding of contest rules by placing articles in relevant publications, and organising seminars and workshops.