Volunteers choose to help other people by giving up their time or expertise. British Judo recognises the hard work and dedications of volunteers across the UK without whom the sport would not run.
You don’t have to know your ippon from your yuko to get involved. Whether you’re a current player, someone who has hung up their judogi or a person who has never set foot in a dojo, you could be a valued judo volunteer.
There are lots of opportunities to get involved in a range of activities and roles which are essential to our sport.
Through volunteering in judo you can:
- Learn and develop new skills
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Enhance your CV
- Being active and improving health and wellbeing
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Giving something back to the sport you love
- Making a difference in the community
- Have fun!
Use the navigation bar to explore this section of the website and find out more about volunteering in British Judo and how you can get involved.