Lapsed Coach Information
Please remember to send us copies of your certificates when you have completed courses and NOT the originals. When sending any correspondence to the BJA that your license number is enclosed / written on the certificate to ensure no confusion of identification.
The following is required to bring up to date your coaching award:
Membership can be renewed online or by calling 01509 631 670 option 1
First Aid requirements
First Aid Course MUST last a minimum of 3 hrs and include the following:
- The role of the First Aider
- Priorities of Treatment
- Dealing with an Unconscious Casualty
- Not Breathing
The course should be organised by either the British Judo Association, your local County Sports Partnership or a HSE approved Training Provider. For details of HSE approved training providers click here
Please note that the BJA does not accept certificates relating to Paediatric First Aid Courses, as the focus for these courses is dealing with Young Children and the Association only insures coaches to work with players over the age of 5 years.
Websites to look at - Your Local County Sports Partnership
SPC course MUST be sports specific and a minimum of three hours long, please refer to the Sports Coach UK websites for courses.
Coaches should be able to . . .
- Identify the key principles of good Coaching Practice, and the implications of your coaching
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise the potential impact on your response
- Recognise the signs and indicators of child abuse and poor coaching practice
- Take the appropriate action, if concerns about a child arise
On line or eLearning courses will NOT be accepted.
If you do require a DBS Application please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, License number DOB and home address
Coach Revalidation Events
Coach revalidation events can be found on our website, Calendar of Events. Please ensure the course advertisement states this is a licensed event and suitable.