Criteria for England representation:
Athletes must be:
1. An England Squad player therefore fulfilling eligibility criteria.
2. An England Talent Development Squad Cadet or Junior who has achieved and developed Technical and Physical Benchmarks.
3. Committed to the England Programme by fulfilling the following
England Squad Area Training
- Monthly Session within Area, absence communicated and agreed
- A minimum of 40 Weekly Session per year
- any absence communicated and agreed
100% attendance England National Squad Training
100% ETD Squad Training Camps
4. Consideration of current competition Performance Standard
5. Current Illness and Injury status
6. Consideration of Performance behaviours , including weight management, performance in training and disciplinary matters
7. As a performance development programme, the England staff reserve the right select an athlete in transition from Cadet to Junior to continue development.
Players may be deselected at any time:
• If they do not fully participate in the event preparation and team activity programme
• If their performance following selection falls below the required standard
• If there are weight management issues (according to BJA weight policy for U18 year olds- available on the website)
• If they are medically unfit to compete as a result of injury or illness
• If there is behaviour or other issues
• If they act in any way which is deemed to be detrimental to the BJA
We retain the right to require a player to undergo a fitness test and/or a ‘fit to compete’ test at any time.