2013 England Talent Development Squad Selection - Cadet, Junior and Transition
It is critical that young English Judo talent is nurtured and developed to maximise potential as an Elite British athlete. To accomplish this, resources will be focused on an elite group of players selected from the England Cadet and Junior Squad talent pool.
- England Squad Cadet or Junior player as per England Squad Identification document.
2. Evaluation weekends
As we are identifying an elite group of players to develop, simply being eligible is not enough to secure selection. Players will therefore be assessed during training over a weekend period in consideration of the following factors:
- Nage-waza (Tachi-waza and Sutemi-waza), Ne-waza and Transition skills
- Kumi kata strategies for all standard situations
- Attitude towards training, Technical progression
- Basic physical attributes of :
- Flexibility (Sit and Reach)
- Lower Body Power (Vertical Jump)
- Aerobic Fitness (Multi Stage Fitness Test)
- Upper Body Strength Endurance (Press Up Bleep Test)
3. Assessment Opportunities
- The first opportunity for assessment will be in November 2012. The athlete’s performance will be reviewed and selection to ETD will be made.
- The second opportunity for assessment will be February 2013. All athletes’ performance will be assessed and the full membership of the ETD reviewed.
- There will be no further opportunity until November 2013 unless an exceptional circumstance is presented to and agreed by England staff.
Full information on these assessment benchmarks is available on the England Squad website in the ‘ETD Assessment information’, if you require hard copies of this information please send your request to Trevor Sitlinton.
CONTINUED INCLUSION ON THE TALENT DEVELOPMENT SQUAD IS SUBJECT TO COMMITMENT TO PROGRAMME AND PROGRESSION